Finca de los Angeles is an artisan timber frame cabana on 4
acres with a beautiful river. It is situated in the hills a little north of
The timber frame
- designed by Steve Chappell, master timber frame
designer, teacher & author, & the timbers were handcrafted under his
- 5m x 4m sala with 4m x 3,3 loft with a 4m x 3m
wood frame kitchen and bath
posts and beams of teak, laurel and cedro
- Many large windows fill the house with light and
create a feeling of spaciousness & closeness with nature
- 3m x 3m covered cement patio
View of Turrialba, the Reventazon watershed and
the Talamanca Mts.
A beautiful small river with large boulders and four
- Many walking trails throughout the property,
including a trail along the river
- Bearing, and soon-to-be-bearing, fruit trees, as
well as berries and some pineapples
1000 7-year-old pine trees, heights of 30’-40’
- Eucalyptus grove and more than a dozen large
eucalyptus trees that could be harvested for timber, e.g., to build ranchos and/or
- Many different ecosystems, including small
pastures, woods, pine forest, fields, river banks and a ravine. It’s like you
are in your own parque privado.
Water is from a spring.
- The land has been free of herbicides or
pesticides for 6 years.
- The owner seeks another land steward who will be committed
to continue this practice of healing & caring for the land.